Thursday, January 15, 2009

To Sum Up

This morning as I was walking my dog, I took some time to evaluate my progress so far. I thought I would first address the areas in which I have been least successful.

It comes to no surprise to me that food would be my weakest area. I am eating better than I was previously, but there is significant room for improvement both in the quantity and quality of food I consume. Today is grocery day which gives me the opportunity to make some better decisions regarding the meals and snacks I will be consuming next week. If anyone out there has some good recipes that incorporate veggies I would love to have them. I am not a big fan of veggies on their own, so any help I can get for creative preparation would be greatly appreciated.

As far as exercise is concerned, I am happy with where I am for a starting point. I was doing nothing other than walking my dog a relatively short distance before. I have doubled the distance we walk and increased our speed (happy dog!). Some days I do his evening walk as well and others my husband takes him. I have been doing daily yoga exercises and pilates hundreds. This has really made a huge difference. I have had an impressive reduction in back pain, especially if I do yoga in the evening. I have also noticed that I am sleeping better and just feeling better in general. If you have Comcast I have found some really good yoga and aerobic programs on On Demand that are not too difficult for beginners.

My goals from this point are to make improvements in my eating habits, especially upping the veggie consumption in the house, and increase the amount of aerobic activity (in addition to walking) to at least 3 times weekly. I need a swift kick in the pants on occasion to stay focused, so I welcome you to check up on me to make sure I'm not slacking. Just don't kick too hard, please:)

No comments:

Post a Comment