Monday, January 5, 2009

The Saga Begins

Let's face it, starting a new exercise and diet regime--it ain't easy, so my friends (Kelly and Michelle) and I (Dacia) decided to start a blog where we could come to encourage and support each other, as well as vent when we need to. In all honesty (and I don't think the girls will mind me saying so), we are not the most internally motivated people on the planet. That being said, we need all support/accountability partners we can get. It is our hope that others will stumble upon our humble blog and join us.

Kelly is a dietitian and mother of 3 children under the age of 7. Michelle is a homeschooling mother of 4 between the ages of 8 and 12. I am a stay-at-home mom of 3 kindergartners. I am also working on completing a transcription training course from home. We all struggle with finding time to exercise, plan and cook healthy meals, and the motivation to do so. Some of our goals for this blog are to share tips, encouragement, healthy recipes, and friendship of course. We would love to hear from all you out there who are in the same boat.

So without further ado, I submit my initial posting.
This morning I awoke while it was still dark. I glanced at the clock which read 6:30, half an hour before I have to be out of bed to get the kids ready for school. Instead of rolling over and drifting back to sleep, I hauled my stiff, tired carcass out of my oh-so-comfy bed and worked out! I hate getting up before the sun, but Kelly has been checking up on me and I needed something better to tell her than "Well, I walked the dog." I did about 10 minutes of yoga to get rid of the stiffness so I could actually move, pilates hundreds, and alternated jogging and fast walking the dog, much to his joy. Alas, it is not all accolades for me. I had some chocolate, less than usual, but still. I did have cabbage soup for lunch though, and it is a scientific fact that cabbage soup counteracts any chocolate consumption. Not really, but justification and I go waaayy back.

How did you do today?

No comments:

Post a Comment